Please read this to the end, applies to alll custom made orders
1. There is a €25 booking fee that is deducted from total amount quoted, and is non refundable once your spot is booked.
If you choose to delay or rush the order and my schedule allows it, there will be another €25 booking fee required, so its an additional cost.
2. Payment is possible in parts; however you must pay at least 50% of the total before work starts on your order, unless otherwise specified. You must remember to send your payments on time, it is not my job to remind you. Any missed or late payment on your part would cause a delay with the order. I prioritize fully paid orders when it comes to arranging my schedule. if I send you a reminder about payment that means your payment is significantly delayed and your spot on my schedule is already altered. This is an automatic delay for your own deadline and I cannot always tell when I can reschedule the work, depends on all other outstanding orders on my schedule.
3. Once payment has been made (full or partial) , and you wish to cancel your order before work starts on it, there will be a 20% from the total held as cancellation fee in addition to the booking fee + transaction fees and any material costs that were purchased. If you opt to get the materials that were already purchased you will have to pay a sales tax of 21% on those items + shipping fee.
Any custom made items are final sale items. You may not cancel or change your order once work has been started on your item. Any further alterations will be at additional cost.
4. Once work is started on your order, cancellation will not be possible. Any remaining balance is expected to be paid. if you refuse or cannot pay the remaining balance see next point.
Late payment: that would affect your delivery deadline, so please ensure to send payment on the discussed times.
5. Nonpayment: for orders that are being paid in part, if you stop paying for your order and the work on your order has not yet started refer to #3.
For orders that have work started on them, you receive NO refund and if you do not continue payment for your order in 90 days from contact regarding missed payment, then your order will be marked as "abandoned" and you will lose the ownership on that item, I may either stop working on it, and move on to other orders, or I will finish it and offer the item for sale - only in the case the item sells for its original asking price will you be able to receive a partial refund, deducting booking fee of €25 and a cancellation fee of 20% of the total amount initially quoted. so depending on remaining balance you may or may not receive any refund.
6. If you wish to change your order, that is possible only if work is not yet started on the original order + materials have not yet been bought and that there is enough time between the change of order and the new deadline (8 weeks is usually sufficient minimum for wigs, 20 weeks for costumes, unless otherwise discussed). There will be a new booking fee of €25 charged on the change of order. Also that new order MUST be a commission of similar value, if for example you order an item for €100 and now you wish to change to an order worth €30, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 20% from the original amount + the €25 booking fee, in that case you get charged €45 just to cancel/ change your initial order and then you must pay €30 for your new order. So might as well stick to the original order or ask for a similar value order or higher value order. or request to keep the credit for a future order with me if you have nothing planned for that moment.
7. In case of damage or loss:
If package arrives damaged: you may NOT ask for a refund, but you may ask to have the product fixed or replaced (only if there is too much damage that replacement would be needed). However that would most likely not meet your original deadline and you must ship back the item you have at your own cost, even if it is totally damaged.
Drop off/ pick up in person at private residence or at a convention can be arranged for local clients (BE or NL mainly but also Lux or Germany depending on how far you live from me and if you're willing to drive some distance for high ticketed items or fittings).
I may only issue a partial refund through insurance claim if you provide sufficient documentation of the damage of the package and the item so I can claim insurance through the shipping company, depends on your location it may be your job to file the claim for your item. If you do not take responsibility of proper documentation of the damage, I cannot help you further. This is very vital, take images of the parcel before opening if any obvious damage is seen, or if the parcel seems to have been opened before it got to you. Videos and photos as much as you can in GOOD light. No need to rush to open a parcel if you cannot document the damage properly- I will not be able to get the insurance coverage, that is for the benefit of you and me.
Damage from wear and use is NOT counted. Only damage from shipping will be considered. Refer to point 11 below.
If package is lost:
In my 10 year of doing business, I have only had 2 parcel lost and were of low value (30 euros or under). so that is really a very rare occasion to happen - However I always ship items with insurance coverage however some items may have limited insurance and that is something I would mention to you prior to shipping your item, in case you opt for a different carrier (at a different cost). An item is only considered LOST when the shipping company deems it to be Lost, this usually means that there has been no update on the tracking for 30 business days or longer. If the tracking says the item was delivered - It is no longer my responsibility and shipping company will not consider it a lost item and an insurance claim cannot be filed in this case. I only consider an item lost if tracking is not updating or if the shipping company deems the parcel lost and insurance claim can be filed.
if the parcel was stolen from your own building/ door. that is not my problem to take care of. You can always opt for deliver at a parcel pick up point to avoid such issues. or check the tracker daily to be sure which day it is scheduled for delivery to ask a household member to keep an eye out for it or a neighbor.
8. For wig commissions, unless the commission is to make a custom size wig, any other styling commission is worked on a standard size wig, so you must be sure that a standard cosplay wig fits your head prior to placing your order. I am not responsible if the wig does not fit you under styling commissions, only in custom cap commissions the sizing is taken into consideration and I would be held responsible if fitting is not proper.
9. Wrong size: provided that you have given the correct measurements and still received an item that does not fit, you may ship back the item for size alteration. Return shipping costs are for the client to pay at any given circumstance. The adjustments are all done free of charge. This is only possible if the garment/Wig is received in the condition it was shipped in without any attempts at fixing by the client or any other commissioner they may have contacted in the meantime. if you had provided wrong measurements, then you will have to pay alteration fee + any shipping costs back and forth to send and receive the item.
10. Credit where credit is due: If you post photos of yourself wearing items that I made for you (on Facebook, Instagram, your own website or any other social media portal where the images are shown to the public) I have the right to use your image for reference in my work portfolio and listings of similar items I wish to sell, and I will be of course giving you credit and link to your profile that has the image I used, and if you have credited the photographer or any other person who contributed to that photo, I shall add their credit also where needed.
Lack of credit: if you post photos of yourself wearing an item I made WITHOUT giving me credit I will still have the right to use your image and I will most likely not want to work with you again in the future. Custom made items are all about credit - my entire work is dependent on such things, so please be considerate.
P.S: I will always contact you first to let you know I want to use a certain image. But if I do not hear back from you - I may still use the image regardless if I feel it will show the product better for potential other clients. By agreeing to this policy - you agree to my right to use your photos for listings and portfolio.
11. I do not send WIP photos or any progress photos unless I deem it necessary , the only time you will hear from me during work on a project, is when I have a question regarding something and need your input such as with measurements, wig or fabric color, level of details, certain textures etc. so there is no benefit to asking me constantly "how is my project going?!"
Following up on your order too often will only create anxiety and stress for me, and then I will not enjoy the work on the order and may not produce the best output and simply just try to get it done as soon as possible just so that you would stop contacting me and cut the nagging off. I will also mark you down as "do not work with again", I do have a list of names I wish not to add more to it.
If after reading this you insist on contacting me about your order too often, I will simply cancel your order and wish you a good luck finding another commissioner who would meet your deadline and fall within the cost range I had offered. I believe my prices are very fair and not easy to find someone who produces the same quality for price as I do. quality does not mean fast, so patience is really KEY.
12. I work on deadline basis, so for example if you place your order in March, with a deadline provided to be in October, then your item will be ready and delivered just a week or so before your provided deadline unless otherwise agreed upon when placing your order.
13. I have the right to cancel your order at any given time, even if it is a day before your deadline. That has rarely ever happened . I just have to mention this as in a case of emergency for example - you never know what to expect. If I cancel your order myself - you receive the fully paid for amount including your booking fee. if you choose to continue your order with me, I cannot guarantee a specific deadline till things clear up on my end, 2020 started a bit of a roller coaster for my work schedule that I have yet to recover from.
14. A missed deadline is NOT a cancellation, this almost never happened prior to 2020, there has been a big pile up with orders due to lack of materials and lock downs and health issues etc etc. so my work timeline just took a dive.
No refunds or discounts on missed deadlines, All I can provide is a new deadline for your order.
If you caused the missed deadline due to lack of communication, not sending measurements on time or late payment - it is then NOT counted as a missed deadline to me, as the delay was from your end, so a new deadline will be noted depending on how my schedule looks like. a new booking fee may be required in this situation.
15. Damage from wear: any damage that happens after you have received and worn the item is no longer of relation to the order. Costumes and some wigs will be given care instructions that you must follow, regarding cleaning and storage. Wigs usually require a level of maintenance and care after each wear, which ranges from some brushing, hair spray, redoing a braid or a bun, and proper storage. A lot of wigs would require restyling at some point, You may send your wigs for re-styling or fixing if you cannot do the proper maintenance for them yourself, however that is done at an extra fee that will be discussed upon your request and viewing the level of work required on the wig, check here for more details.
16. Change in size: it is very common when you place an order for a costume that the deadline for the costumes is far ahead in time 6+ months usually. in some situations your size may change, be it more or less than the provided measurements.
If I already had worked on your costume and your size is different now and am still working on your order - you will have to pay for any alterations or remakes of any parts.
I will always try to reach out closer to the time I draft patterns to ask you to double check measurements. If you feel you changed in size please do not wait for my message - just let me know as soon as possible so I can note that down.
I need accurate measurements for making a pattern even for loose fitting items.